Orlistat-Hexal 60mg 84 capsules
Weight Loss Aid Capsules contain the active ingredient, orlistat, is a lipase inhibitor and works by binding to specific enzymes that break down fats (triglycerides). It stops about a quarter of the fat in your meals from being absorbed. This is then is then passed out through the body in stools. It is advisable to take a multivitamin containing Vitamins A, D, E and K whilst using Orlistat. Orlistat must be used in combination with a reduced calorie, lower-fat diet and periods of physical activity. For every 2lb you lose from dieting alone, orlistat can help you lose 1lb more.
Applications for ORLISTAT HEXAL 60 mg hard capsules
– Overweight definition: body mass index (BMI) of at least 28 kg / m2
Adults: 1 capsule 3 times a day with meal
What adverse effects may occur?
– gastrointestinal discomfort, such as:
– Stomach pain
– Chair urgency and increased stools
– Soft chairs
– Faecal incontinence (involuntary stool exit)
oily stools, with oily secretions, sometimes with oily spots on the anus
– flatulence, z.T. with stool outlet
– anxiety states
– Kidney damage from oxalate crystals
The side effects in the digestive area can be limited with a low-fat diet.
If you notice a disability or change during treatment, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
For the information provided at this point, particular consideration is given to side effects that occur in at least one in 1,000 treated patients.
What should you pay attention to?
– The effect of the anti-baby pill may be affected by the medicine. You should therefore take additional contraceptive measures while you are taking it.
– Beware of allergy to dyes (for example indigo carmine with E number E 132)!
– There may be medicines that interact with. Therefore, you should always tell the doctor or pharmacist about any other medicine you are already using before you start treatment with a new medicine. This also applies to medicines that you buy yourself, use only occasionally or have been used for some time.
What speaks against an application?
– Hypersensitivity to the ingredients
– stagnation of the bile, when e.g. the bile ducts are blocked.
Chronic disturbance of food intake (malabsorption), i. Certain nutritional constituents can not be absorbed in the intestine; to weight loss, deficiency symptoms
Under certain circumstances – talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
– impaired kidney function
Which age group should be considered?
– Children and adolescents under 18 years of age: The product should not be used.
What about pregnancy and lactation?
– Pregnancy: The medicine should not be used according to current knowledge.
– Breast-feeding: According to current knowledge, an application is discouraged. You may be to consider a weaning.
If you have been prescribed the medicine despite a contraindication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The therapeutic benefit may be higher than the risk associated with the use of a counter-indication.
The total dose should not be exceeded without consulting a doctor or pharmacist.
Type of application?
Take the medicine with liquid (for example 1 glass of water).
Duration of application?
The duration of use is determined by your doctor.
Overdose may cause nausea, abdominal cramping and hypoglycaemia. If you suspect an overdose, contact a doctor immediately.
In general, pay attention to a conscientious dosage especially in infants, toddlers and the elderly. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist for any effects or precautions.
A dosage prescribed by the doctor may differ from the information in the package leaflet. Because the doctor will tailor them individually, you should use the medicine as directed.
How does the ingredient of the medicine work?
The active ingredient limes the substance, which breaks down food fats and thus makes it digestible, directly in the intestine. As a result, less fat is absorbed from the diet. Since the remaining fat in the intestine makes the chair very soft, which can be very unpleasant, is usually voluntarily switched to low-fat diet.
60 mg orlistat
+ Cellulose, microcrystalline
+ Carboxymethyl starch, sodium type A.
+ Silica, fumed
+ Sodium dodecyl sulfate
+ Titanium dioxide
+ Indigo carmine
The medicine must
– protected from heat
– protected against moisture (for example in a tightly closed container)
– in the dark (in the outer carton, for example)
For risks and side effects, read the package leaflet and consult your doctor or pharmacist.